Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Cover Artist

Have you seen my cover for CHORUS OF THE DEAD? It's a work of art. I have to admit the day it arrived in my inbox with my name and title displayed so nicely I cried. It honestly was the most beautiful thing to behold.

While editing CHORUS, I stumbled upon a lovely artist, Claudia at phatpuppyart.com who has a beautiful website filled with all her lovely creations. She works with a lot of publishers and authors and a lot of times when I see a beautiful cover I wonder if she had a hand in it.

Her style of art is alluring with elements of the fantastical. She only has a few covers that could work for a historical and a lot covers for paranormal and fantasy books. Every so often I visit her site and flip through her cover art imagining the stories that would go with her art.

I have narrowed down my choices for my next Ainsley book, titled DEAD SILENT. A gold star for anyone who can guess the art for my next cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment