Thursday, February 9, 2012

It All Begins with a Title

Or ends in this case. I have never been so far into a project and not had a title. I am usually good with titles but this this book has stumped me from the beginning. Nothing sounded right. I would call it one thing knowing that it was probably not going to be my final title. I have to admit I was getting nervous.

I am happy to report that I have stumbled upon a title, while looking at my mystery shelf, pondering the names of some of the books held there.

So here it is:

CHORUS OF THE DEAD

Has a nice ring to it if I do say so myself.

I am quite close to being done my revisions. Then it will go to my beta readers and then on to my editor-for-hire. I am aiming for a release date of August 2012, which is fast approaching and I am getting very excited.

Another thing that seemed to get me was my "jacket blurb". How do I sum up this book in a few lines? I posted this on my Facebook fan page, and it comes pretty close to what I want to say but I will most likely need to tweak it a bit before I am 100 per cent satisfied.

A Victorian surgeon, PETER AINSLEY is called in to perform an autopsy on a twelve year old girl, Josephine, whom the local doctor suspects was poisoned. Her older sister, Lillian, languishes in bed waiting for the poison to take her as well. When AINSLEY arrives he is denied access to the body, despite his promises that it will save the life of Lillian. Dr. AINSLEY soon finds himself tangled in a web of deceit, lust and betrayal ultimately leading him to the murderer he never suspected.

1 comment:

  1. I love murder mysteries from Agatha Christie to Patricia Cornwell and others. Your blurb has me wanting to read your book :).
    Australian availability would not be in the near future though, would it?
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete